12 tips for hiring the best real estate agent to assure maximum success.
- Interview two full-time agents just as you would hiring an attorney or physician
- Do not hire your good friend, relative or neighbor as a favor or out of guilt
- Do not select an agent based on the price they suggest to list your property
- Do not hire an agent who is not experienced in the Santa Monica, Brentwood and West LA areas
- Ask for a list of references with phone numbers or emails
- Find out how the agent prepares your property for marketing
- Ask for a detailed marketing and advertising plan
- Check out the agent’s personal website and visit the agent’s office
- Compare the agent’s track record including their sales success ratio
- Find out what staff or team support the agent provides
- Inquire about the agents pricing strategy
- Be sure the agent you select has your needs and best interest at heart
If you are considering a sale of your property, and would like a complimentary copy of our “How To Select an Agent” guidelines, please contact Gary Limjap at (310) 586-0339 or by email.